One of my more successful recipes for the HCG diet. To stay on protocol, skip the oil and butter and sub chicken broth. A quick and easy recipe that can come together on a weeknight! Delicious!
- 4 medium sized zucchini
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T butter (can sub with 1/4 cup chicken broth for HCG P2)
- 2 T olive oil (can sub with 1/4 cup chicken broth for HCG P2)
- juice of one large lemon
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- old bay seasoning
- Zoodle the zucchini and add it to a frying pan along with a splash of olive oil (or broth).
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes on medium. It is done when it is still a bit “firm”.
- Set aside. (preferably on paper towels to absorb any excess moisture)
- Add the fresh shrimp to pan saute with a little butter on medium until just done. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Set aside.
- Add 2 T butter to the pan along with the garlic.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and zoodles back to the pan and squeeze the juice of one lemon over top. Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Toss and heat for 1-2 minutes.