I love pad thai, but during quarantine, I couldn’t get to my fav Thai restaurant. So I decided to try making it myself. It is easier than I thought it would be and turned out delicious!
- 10 oz Thai rice noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into small strips
- 1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cans of pad thai sauce (you can make your own, but this way is much easier)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- handfull snap peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare rice noodles according to directions listed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Set aside. Cook shrimp, about 1 1/2 minutes per side or until opaque, Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan.
- Add bell pepper and snap peas, sauté 1 – 2 minutes then add garlic, sauté 1 minute longer.
- Push veggies to edges of pan and crack eggs into center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through. Add in chicken, shrimp noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with cilantro, peanuts and optional red pepper flakes if you want a little kick!