Lemon Herb Chicken with Rice w/ Kalettes Recipe
Came across this recipe and wanted to try it out. It is such a hearty recipe and I remember my Mom making something similar when I was growing up. I paired it with kalettes, my newest green obsession!!! easy peasy!
- 6 chicken thighs (the original recipe called for chicken breasts)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste
- 3 teaspoons of italian seasoning
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 1/4 cups of chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- Melt butter on medium in a large skillet with a lid.
- season chicken well. Brown chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side. Starting with skin side down if using thighs to get a good crisp. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add rice, broth, lemon juice and a tablespoon more of italian seasoning to pan. Stir, then add chicken on top. cover and simmer on medium low for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is dissolved.
- Stir rice and Enjoy!
So I am not a fan of kale. I don’t like it in my smoothies and I don’t love it in salads either. But my girl said its really good cooked, so I ran into these kalettes and thought, this might be a good way to try kale again. I live for a steamable veggie. This one is nice because you can season, then steam in the microwave. I threw a seasoning blend in the bag, sealed it up and steamed for three minutes. Then sautéed in olive oil and butter for about three minutes and it was perfect! I found these at krogers and I must say they have renewed my faith in kale!