Rice with Kielbasa / Locrio de Kielbasa Recipe.
A great meal for a crowd. All the chopping is worth it, the flavors meld together to create amazing flavor!
- 1 16oz (1lb) Kielbasa
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 can (approx 13 oz) of sweet kernel corn
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 4 cups Long Grain Rice
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Slice Kielbasa in half, then slice into bite sized pieces.
- Add oil to hot pot and cook kielbasa. After a couple of minutes, the kielbasa will start to turn into a golden brown color.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium and Stir in tomato paste, chopped peppers & Diced celery. Drain water from corn and stir in. Add salt, pepper, oregano and chopped cilantro. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Rinse the rice. Then add to pot. Lower the heat to low.
- Cover and let the rice absorb the water, stirring occasionally. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir to fluff and cook 5 more minutes covered if needed.
Thanks to http://dominicanflavor.com/rice-dishes/rice-with-kielbasalocrio-de-kielbasa.html for this awesome recipe!